Introduction to Vedic Astrology
Ghanshyam Singh Birla
Astrology is the language of the stars and planets, and as in any language there is a vocabulary and rules of grammar that allow us to construct meaning and communicate our ideas with others. In astrology, this consists primarily of the description of the signs, the planets, the houses, the aspects, and the transits. Once you have learned the vocabulary and grammar, you are on your way to becoming fluent in one of the most ancient, sacred, and fascinating languages in the world. Understanding what our stars and planets tell about ourselves and our destiny will enrich our lives in countless ways and help us become happier, healthier, wiser, and even wealthier human beings.
In this down-to-earth and clearly written work, world renowned Astro-palmist and Vedic scholar Ghanshyam Singh Birla takes the reader on a cosmic journey from mastering the ABCs of Vedic astrology to understanding how the interplay of the heavenly bodies can affect our lives.
- The twelve signs of the zodiac.
- The natal chart: Your place in the cosmos—how and why the planets affect our lives.
- The nine planets in Vedic Astrology.
- The personal planets: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.
- The shadow planets: Rahu and Ketu.
- The outer planets: Uranus, Neptune and Pluto.
- The twelve houses: Twelve life portfolios.
- The aspects: How the planets influence each other.
- The transits: How we are affected by the daily movements of the planets.
Spiral-bound (Galaxy, 2011) 68 pages